Details of specific projects recruiting now can be found below. General applications are also welcome and will be matched against projects as they are announced (please specify your research interests).
Current PhD Opportunities
We currently have a PhD studentship available in the following topic area:
Exoskeleton for Supporting Manual Lifting and Manufacturing Process Tasks
For further information, please see here
Closing Date: 31 August 2019
How to Apply:
Before you apply, please gather the required documents listed below. Please ensure you successfully upload all of the relevant supporting documents with your application:
- A substantial example of your written work (in English) e.g. BSc/MSc thesis chapter or some published work showing authorship, 10 – 15 pages in length.
- Personal statement, of no more than 200 words, outlining why you wish to undertake postgraduate research at this stage in your career, including a statement on the project or subject area you wish to work in.
- 2 references, one of which should be from an academic referee (we will request references).
- Copies of all relevant documents relating to educational qualifications including degree certificate and transcript (if your transcript is not in English an official translation is required).
- IELTS English Language Qualification Certificate. Please note: If your degree is not from an institution in the UK/USA/Australia where English is the sole language of teaching, the university requires that you provide evidence of English language proficiency. This is normally in the form of a certificate with minimum IELTS result of 6.5 (with not less than 6.0 in the individual Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking tests). If you submit your application before you have gained evidence of English language proficiency, we can progress you to interview stage but will require a copy of the certificate for you to be made a conditional offer of a place before you can be registered. For further details of requirements please visit here http://www.lboro.ac.uk/international/englang/index.htm
- Curriculum Vitae
Please make sure you have indicated the correct residency category/fees status: Current guidelines are available via this link http://www.lboro.ac.uk/study/finance/fee-status/
Please note: Additional and significant time is required for international applications for UK Border Agency visa processing and ATAS approval so early application is encouraged.
Early application is advised as these positions are available until a suitable candidate is appointed.
International applicants please note: Due to the nature of the award, we are unable to offer the full international student fees to students from outside of the EU/UK.
If you were invited to and subsequently successful at interview as an international student, you would be eligible for UK/EU contribution over four years towards international fees. There is no other assistance provided to international students so you will need to be able to fund the difference between international fees and UK/EU.
Self-funded applications are welcome.
Further information about funding can be found here
Further information about fee and financial support can be found here for Loughborough University